As a team committed to putting people first, we are always searching for ways to assist our current residents and prospective residents in any way we can.
For this reason, we are excited to share that our website now features a dedicated FAQ page! We recently compiled a list of frequently asked questions that we often hear to help you throughout the application process and during move-ins. To better serve our current and prospective residents, we’ve made these FAQs readily available within our menu navigation under the “About Us” tab on a dedicated FAQs page here, as well as linking to them through our apartment search page here. View them all through the links above or explore topic by topic below.
Have a question that isn’t listed? We would like to hear from you! If you are currently searching for an apartment as a prospective resident, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via our contact form. Current residents, please connect with your dedicated management team through the Heritage Properties’ Resident Portal.
Curious about our availability and how to best select your new home? Read on for information about our apartment search, tours, and lease options. P.S. You can always review our in-depth apartment guide on the blog here.
- How do I view current availability? You can access our current availability state-by-state on our website here, or view all of our availability across New England in one place by visiting the link here. Our apartment search page showcases each community’s contact information, square footage range, price range, and bedroom/bathroom layouts.
- What are my options for touring an apartment? For each of our communities, you can request more information or a tour through the “Contact” page. Some of our communities also include virtual tours for you to explore 360 floor plans online!
- What are my lease options? Although our standard lease option is one (1) year, we also provide short-term lease options. When applying online, the property website will allow you the flexibility of choosing a lease term that works for you and the pricing will adjust accordingly.
Applying & Policies:
After selecting a community, apartment and lease that best suits you, find information on how to apply, our rental requirements, and our pet policy below.
- What is the application process like? After you’ve found an available apartment with a move-in date that works for you, you’ll be able to apply directly online. The application includes sections for personal, financial, and employment information. Once the entire application has been completed, along with supporting documentation uploaded and deposit paid, you’ll be able to submit your application online and the application will be sent to our team for review! To successfully submit an application, a deposit fee is required (an application fee is also required for certain communities). If you do not finish your application in one sitting, you may log in at a later time to complete it or to review it after you have submitted. Please note that until a deposit is submitted, the apartment will be left on the market for rental.
- What are the requirements for renting an apartment with Heritage Properties? Heritage Properties requires a tenant screening of a credit and criminal background check as well as verification of income. Proof of Income: Heritage Properties accepts the most recent months’ worth of pay stubs, or if pay stubs are not available, an offer letter of employment. Rent to income ratio cannot exceed 30% of gross income.
- Does Heritage Properties have a pet policy? As all our communities have their own separate pet policy, we do not have a company-wide pet policy. Please refer to the individual community websites for their community-specific pet policy.
Using the Resident Portal:
After applying and meeting the requirements, we look forward to welcoming you home! Read on for information about how to sign your lease, pay rent, and submit maintenance requests – all services which can be completed online through our 24/7 Resident Portal.
- How do I sign my lease? Once your application is approved, you will receive a notification that your lease is ready to be signed electronically. Through your community’s Resident Portal, you will be guided through account set-up and then be able to sign your lease online as well as upload supporting documentation.
- When is rent due and how do I pay rent? Rent is due on the 1st of the month. Only online payments are accepted for rental payments, which can be completed by visiting your community’s Resident Portal online.
- How do I submit a maintenance request? Maintenance requests can be made online through your Resident Portal. You can also register for an account and reset your password through the Resident Portal.